About Kimberly Lee
Kimberly is a licensed Marriage and Family Therapist and a Certified Sex Therapist. She has over a decade of experience helping couples and individuals navigate all issues affecting intimacy; whether physical, emotional, relational or spiritual. Through her training and experience she is uniquely qualified to integrate spirituality into her work as a therapist and brings into practice the deep experiential healing of Internal Family Systems (IFS) therapy as a Certified Internal Family Systems (IFS) therapist.
Kimberly has spent most of her career working in sales and marketing for Fortune 500 companies as well as building her own financial services business. Her true passion, however, has always been helping people heal from sexual and relational pain. Kimberly started her therapy practice in 2013 in Wisconsin and is now the owner of the Tampa Bay Center for Sexual and Relational Healing. She pursued and continues to pursue the education, training, certifications and experiences necessary to bring the latest evidence-based practices into the therapy; assisting individuals and couples in the areas of sexual dysfunction, trauma, and sexual addiction; as well as the general issues that keep individuals and couples from emotionally fulfilling marriages and satisfied lives.
Kimberly lives with her husband Andy, and their Goldendoodle Maggie, in Tampa, FL. They enjoy listening to live music, being near/in/on water, travel, watching football, playing tennis and pastoring others in their church community.
- Masters of Arts in Marriage & Family Therapy, Richmont Graduate University – Atlanta, GA , Specializing in Christian Sex Therapy
- Masters of Science in Political Science, Florida State University – Tallahassee, FL, Specializing in International Relations
- Bachelor of Arts in International Studies & French, the University of Evansville – Evansville, IN
Training & Certifications
- Completed 150 hours of graduate level sex therapy education
- Completed 200 hours of supervised practice as a sex therapist and 50 hours of sex therapy supervision
- Certified as a Clinical Member of the American Board of Christian Sex Therapy (2013)
- Certified Internal Family Systems Therapist (2021)
- Certified Sex Addiction Therapy (CSAT) Candidate
- Masters Degree in Marriage and Family Therapy, specializing in Sex therapy
- Year-long internship in sex and marital therapy clinic, Building Intimate Marriages (Suwanee, GA) 2009
- Prepare/Enrich Premarital, Marriage Assessment Facilitator
- Internal Family Systems (IFS) training, Program Assistant, Level 1; Intimacy from the Inside Out (IFIO) – Level 1 training; Level 1 IFS training completed 2019
- Graduate coursework in Marriage & Family Therapy included spiritual integration component to each course
- Seminary coursework – Theodicy, Biblical Counseling and Hermaneutics
- Graduate training in Sexual Identity Synthesis (Dr. Mark Yarhouse) – exploring sexual and gender identity from a faith-perspective
But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness
About Tampa Bay Center for Sexual and Relational Healing
The Tampa Bay Center for Sexual and Relational Healing is a therapeutic space that integrates the various aspects of intimacy to foster growth – the relational, the sexual and the spiritual.
The Bird of Paradise is the symbol for the Center representing the beauty that is possible through growth. Historically it is a symbol representing “Joy through Challenges and Success”, “Faithfulness in Romantic Relationships” and “Optimism for the Future”. The Bird of Paradise is also symbolic of the transformative power of the therapy process. Over time as the plant is nurtured, it grows and its soul is revealed– the colorful bird – a full expression of its true beauty and splendor.
TBCSRS also operates in the state of Wisconsin as the Wisconsin Center for Sexual and Relational Healing, offering virtual therapy sessions in both Florida & Wisconsin.